Thursday, November 13, 2008

Um, hi again.

So, I think I just committed myself to ride the Livestrong Challenge in Austin next year. Awesome.

I apparently suck at this blogging thing. Too much life stuff going on, I guess. Excuses, excuses.

The foot is doing well. I'll try to get a picture up later because it looks much better and I'd hate for you to think that that last shot is what I'm stuck with. I've been out of the boot for a little over a week now, I think. At first, shoes felt really weird, and to be honest, because of the swelling that still occurs and the relatively numb feeling of my big toe still (doc says that should come back) it's still a little weird. I've only got about 3/4 of my flexibility back, but walking in real shoes is helping that. I'd like to say that I've been really good about PT but I'd be lying. I guess when my toe's all stiff in a year, I have no one but myself to blame. I think subconsciously I'm thinking that having a stiff toe will help me transfer power to the pedal better, or assist when I finally try bouldering. But the real truth is I'm lazy.

Speaking of pedals, Robyn and I got out on the bikes last Saturday for a short ride around the park. It was my first time on the bike in two months. It felt wonderful. I haven't resumed commuting, yet, but I will soon. Love that winter riding!

No comments: