Thursday, February 7, 2008

hmmm...a theory

but first:

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

So said Mitt Romney today at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, DC today, "suspending" his campaign for the republican nomination.

Fuck you, Mitt.

How dare you stand there and imply that electing either Clinton or Obama is tantamount to "aiding a surrender to terror." Fuck you and the fucking white horse you rode in on...or didn't.


and now, the theory.

I'm starting to notice a trend. If you read below, there is now a pattern developing. I blog about a candidate for president and within a day or two, they suspend their campaign. John Edwards suspended his campaign two days after my angst blog. Mitt suspended one day after my rant regarding the mo votes.

I'm not saying that I'm doing it. I'm not saying that they're reading this and deciding to quit (hell, I've got no evidence at all that anyone but me is reading this.) I'm just saying...


And that said...

(now the test)

Mike Huckabee. What can be said that hasn't been said. He's a baptist nut-job preacher (and I was raised Southern Baptist - my grandfather was a pulpit-banging-hellfire-and-brimstone preacher, so I know from where I speak) - who thinks we need to bring the Constitution in line with the bible. He's a former fat man who lost 100 lbs and found so much energy that he thinks he should be president. He's not at all convinced that Darwin was right about anything. He thinks the earth just might be 6,000 years old. He's a right wing religious nut-job in the absolute textbook sense of the phrase. And he's winning primaries. In fairness, that may be over, pretty much, because the so-called super Tuesday states favored him, we'll see if he can keep any momentum elsewhere.

This man may soon be the republican Vice Presidential nominee. (Or, god-forbid, presidential nominee.)

I really don't know what else to say. There's no way this man can be in office. No way.





(and now we wait...)

No comments: