Wednesday, February 13, 2008

not as well as I would have liked...

Well, I did end up riding on Sunday morning (the weather was perfect, if a little chilly.) Got nowhere near my unrealistic thoughts of riding 100 miles, though, which really shouldn't be unexpected, since other than my 9-ish mile commute everyday, I really haven't had much saddle time since probably October. I ended up with just under 36 miles, in about 2 1/2 hours. If I remember correctly (I'm at work and don't have the figures with me) I averaged about 14 mph and topped out around 32 mph. I decided to use the Cateye on manual mode this ride, meaning that I turned it on when I left and off when I was done, so my average and time are including any stops (lights, the one break I took, etc.)

Oh well, it is technically off season, right?

On another note, I got the coffee stout in the bottle last night.


Got it labeled and in the basement, where hopefully I'll forget about it and let it age for a while so it'll get good. I'm slightly concerned because it's not as dark as I'd expect. More of a brown ale color, really. We'll see.

I think next up is going to be an I.P.A.

No comments: