Monday, January 5, 2009

Cold

It's currently 18 degrees and snowing. Again.

I'd like to get out and ride but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

So far this year, I've commuted to work one day, Friday, Jan 2. Total miles 8.43. I called out today so I could get some things done around the house (insulating windows, for reasons mentioned above.) I spent the weekend helping a friend install cork flooring in two rooms of his house. It looks good, better, probably, than the cork I installed here at my house even. (with experience comes perfection...)

I'm printing the labels for my Scottish Ale, which should be drinkable some time in June. They recommend six months in the bottle, I'm going to wait this time. I know from my last Scottish Ale that they do indeed get better with age. I bottled on January 1st. Four days down...



On the beer front, the Edward Abbey Ale is delicious. I'm very happy with it, and I've had good comments from friends so far as well. It's nice to have one turn out after the coffee stout disaster.

Well, I'm rambling and it's getting close to time for the first pass with the ol' snow shovel. But first, I think I'll cut labels. What a fun life I lead.

No comments: